Pin It!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Do you like CHICKEN... POTATOES... or CORN???? Try this meal, my family LOVES it!!


Hey guys!! I just wanted to share a dinner my family loves! AND guess what ... I want to say there is a 5-10 minute prep time!! I am not all concerned with prep times.. this time, that time.. I just want to know what is quick and easy and here is one I would like to share :-) For this meal, I don't use actual measuring spoons and such, I just make it... so I hope I don't mess you up with my measuring technique...

Depending on the size of your family, my family we have 5, two of which are teenage boys. I use 8 chicken breast, but like I said it depends on the size of your family.

-Chicken breast - frozen (quantity is up to you) I use a 13x9 pan
-onion slice cut in half and place each small wedge piece on chicken breast
-favorite b-b-q sauce... smother onto chicken

place in oven at 375 for about 45 min or until chicken is done. Use the juice stuff as a dipping sauce YUMMY!

Okay, for the potatoes, you'll need a microwave safe dish and lid, I use a pie plate with a round lid to my old crock pot... works great!

-dice up your potatoes, I normally use about 5-7 depending on the size of the potato
-a couple of onion pieces placed randomly
-4 big spoons (out of the silverware drawer) of butter, kinda heaping
  placed randomly over the potatoes
-a little bit of milk and the same amount of water

cover with lid and microwave for 10minutes... salt and pepper, stir and microwave for another 10 minutes... stir and cover with 4 slices of cheese, replace lid so the heat can melt the cheese... mmmMMmmmm

NOW FOR THE CORN!!! :-)

This is something my grandma made, she passed away this last winter, and I do miss her!!

You will need a frying pan for this, your gonna make "Fried Corn"

-frozen corn
-2 big spoons of butter into frying pan (you'll want the heat on the high side I set mine on the number 7, my dial goes to number 8 and then HI)

pour frozen corn into pan, salt and pepper, now sprinkle about .. uumm if it had to be measured an 1/8 cup of sugar... fry until corn is a darker yellow.

SERVE AND ENJOY FAMILY AROUND THE TABLE!!! :-)

BTW ... If you have any questions... let me know, I will be happy to answer them...

No comments:

Post a Comment